Preventative Dental Care
in San Ramon
At Pro Smile Dental Care we believe in the importance of educating our patients to help them have healthy teeth and gums. We urge families to make good oral hygiene part of their daily lives. Good dental habits instilled at an early age save teeth, time, and money later in life.
Tooth decay is the destruction of the tooth. In order to prevent tooth decay you should try to avoid foods containing carbohydrates (sugars and starches).
To prevent decay do the following:
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Use a fluoride-containing tooth paste
- Clean between your teeth using dental floss
- Rinse daily using fluoride-containing mouthwash
- Eat nutritious and balanced meals and limit snacks
How to clean your teeth and gums
Follow this routine for a healthy mouth and smile:
- Brush your teeth twice a day with a soft-bristled brush
- Replace your toothbrush every three or four months
- Make sure to use an ADA-accepted fluoride toothpaste