Replace missing teeth with secure, natural-looking dental implants from Pro Smile Dental Care in Danville, CA. Many people need to have one or more teeth replaced due to aging, accidents, or decay. One of the best permanent and comfortable options for replacing these lost teeth is a dental implant.
Tooth Replacements That Feel Real
A dental implant is an artificial tooth identical in shape, size & color to a real tooth. This tooth replacement is made of three parts a screw, an abutment, and the crown.
- A screw made of titanium. It is surgically placed into the jaw in the empty space left by the previous tooth.
- Abutment: A metal piece attached to the screw; the abutment serves as a connecting device for the crown.
- Crown: The artificial tooth is custom-made to be identical in look and feel to your existing teeth.
Why Get Dental Implants
- Better Appearance. They look and feel like your own teeth, and because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Easier Speech. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that teeth might slip.
- More Comfortable. Because they fuse into your jaw, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier Eating. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Better Self-Esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Better Oral Health. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving long-term oral health.
- More Durable. Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- More Convenient. Dental implants eliminate the inconvenience of removing dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep them in place.
Types Of Dental Implants
At our office, we have different options to meet each patient’s needs.
- Single Tooth – This involves having only one tooth replaced.
- Fixed Bridge – In the case that two, three, or four teeth need to be replaced, more than one titanium screw is inserted into the jaw. The replacement crowns are created as a bridge and attached to the implants.
- Over-Denture – This will require two or more procedures to replace multiple teeth. These can be removed if necessary.
Are Dental Implants Painful?
This procedure requires the use of local anesthesia. While it is surgery, it is no more painful than other dental procedures. Most people have only minor discomfort, but the amount of pain varies from person to person.
Want Your Smile Back?
If you are ready to get your smile back or have any further questions, feel free to call or contact our office in Danville, CA. Whether need dental implants or same-day crowns, we can help. We would be happy to answer any questions and address any concerns you have.