Replace missing teeth with secure, natural looking Dental Implants from Pro Smile Dental Care in San Ramon. Dental implants are an excellent way to replace teeth that have been lost due to disease or trauma.
When considering the option of receiving dental implants, it is important to do as much research as possible, to give you a better understanding of how the procedure works, and ease any concerns you may have about the process.
Implants For Tooth Replacement
A dental implant is an artificial tooth that looks identical to a real tooth. There are three parts that comprise each implant:
- A screw made of titanium: Implanted into the empty space left by the previous tooth.
- Abutment: A metal piece attached to the screw; the abutment serves as a connecting device for the artificial tooth.
- Crown: the artificial tooth to protect the screw and abutment.
It will take a few months for the jaw to comfortably merge with the titanium screw. After the healing process, the final step is to have the tooth attached to the custom abutment. This is a relatively quick procedure.
Types Of Dental Implants
At our San Ramon, Ca office, we have different options to meet each patient’s needs. Here is a brief description of each type of implant available:
- Single Tooth – This involves having one tooth replaced.
- Fixed Bridge On Implants – In the case that two, three or four teeth need to be replaced, more than one titanium screw is inserted into the jaw. The replacement crowns are created as a bridge and attached to the implants.
- Over-Denture – This involves two or more implant procedures to replace significant tooth loss. These can be removed if necessary.
Are Dental Implants Painful?
Getting dental implants requires the use of local anesthesia. While it is surgery, it is no more painful than other dental procedures. Most people have only minor discomfort, but the amount of pain varies from person to person.
Need More information?
If you have any further questions, feel free to call or contact our dental office in San Ramon. Whether it’s about single tooth replacement or same day crowns, we can help. We would be happy to answer any questions and address any concerns you may have with this procedure.